Select the Products task. Here you can access all the products that are in your database.
Each product is represented by a thumbnail and a text description.
Important Note: You must first add your own Products to your database to start planogramming. If you are just starting using PlanogramBuilder, only sample items are available. Please see to find out how to add your products to the database.
Select the Shelf Tools task. Here you can access all the props and accessories that are in your database. These can be for example bay headers, banners, shelf strips, custom POS, etc.
Important Note: You must first add your own shelf tools to the database to put them in planograms. If you are just starting using PlanogramBuilder, only sample shelf tools may be available. Please see to find out how to add your shelf tools to your database.
On the left side of the screen, your products are listed in a hierarchical menu with 3 levels, each corresponding to a classification criterion. Clicking on the hierarchy on the left filters the products in the catalog on the right side.
When you select an item in the 1st level of the hierarchy, only the items matching your choice are shown at the 2nd level, and so on for the 3rd level.
Note: products with empty values for a given level in the hierarchy are shown in the (undefined) group this classification level.
Tip: You can display all items for any of the classification level by selecting the “*” symbol.
Tip: Navigate in the classification list with the keyboard:
· Move up/down in the list content with the Up/Down arrow keys.
· Move down in the classification levels with the Tab key.
· Move up in the classification levels with the Shift+Tab key combination.
Tip: You can change the display order of the classification levels if you wish to sort items in a different order:
1. Click on the small triangle at the level you want to re-order (Ex: Brand). A menu appears.
2. In the menu, Re-order the current level by assigning it a different order (Ex: 1 - top).
3. The current level (Ex: Brand) will be swapped with the previous 1st level (Ex: Category).
Just above the catalog thumbnails, you can type some text to search and display matching products. When using this method, the hierarchy will be disabled and PlanogramBuilder will look in your entire database to find products matching the text you entered. The search box accepts single or multiple keywords following these rules:
· Multiple keywords must be separated by spaces
· All keywords must be present
· Keywords are not case sensitive
· The order of keywords doesn’t matter
Example: typing frozen CHOCOLATE in the Search by Name box will display all the products containing chocolate AND frozen in their name.
To get back to the classification method, you can clear the search box with the Clear button.
Note: The search function is labeled and applies your text search according to the current type of thumbnail captions. Ex: if you have set your captions to show the product name and reference, the search will look for your text string in the list of product names and references.
To set which property (ies) is (are) displayed below the thumbnails:
1. Click Settings
2. UnderProduct & Shelf Tool Catalogs, Captions & search, check your preferred description, as shown below.